Bloomsday is an amazing event for Spokane volunteers to gather signatures. Tens of thousands of people going to be in the downtown/Riverfront park area and as an added bonus there are STA commuter buss stops that people congregate to wait for. Please join me for a 2 hour shift collecting signatures for I-1600.
Please RSVP so that I can update you of where the resupply location will be!
I've petition boards, literature, a few t-shirts, and will be supplying volunteers with snacks/water. I plan to find parking ahead of the event so that I can resupply volunteers as needed from my car.
- Plan A is to park downtown before the Roads are closed (like the lot between Auntie's and Riverfront).
- Plan B is to park on the Northside of the River near Washington Street (dedicated pedestrian access street for the event).
- Plan C is to park at the Arena.
The STA will be dropping and picking up commuters on 1st Ave. between Post and Stevens, so this would be an ideal location for us to have gatherers as well. I'll be preparing maps for volunteers as well with key locations/times for gatherers!
Additionally, if you want to avoid downtown, but you still want to signature gather consider one of STA's commuter shuttle lots before and after the event:
- Northtown Mall (Lidgerwood)
- Valley Mall (Indiana)
- Ferris High School (37th)
- Chener/Red Barn
Please email me if you have any questions or would like to help with coordinating volunteers!
507 N Howard St
Spokane, WA 99201
Google map and directions